Sunday, September 23, 2007

Work Day



Yesterday was a work day at the shop for the Rollins Family. The kids really love working there. Nolan and Lily almost come to fighting if one thinks the other got to carry more doors than the other.

After naps, we made a big pot of chicken n' dumplings and a peach cobbler and invited some friends over for dinner. Then we all went to their house to watch the Georgia football game because we only get the basic channels. I'm thinking that next time the game is in Alabama we will see if we can drop our kids off to play with their friends in Alabama while Paul and I go to the game. I'll bring dinner.

More good news is that I finally got a new pair of contacts! I broke down and went to the vision center in Wal-Mart and they were able to get me in right away on a Saturday (so Paul watched the kiddos) and I saved about $120. That's great for a mom with several kids and no insurance.

Only a few more days until the ultrasound. We weren't going to find out the gender, but since the appointment is on Emily's birthday and she is just dying to know, we are going to find out. I am hoping that the technician will just point to it and let us see if we can figure out for ourselves what it looks like instead of us being told. I think that would be romantic. I guess I've been married for a while. I'm looking for romance in everything. We are just excited to get to see the baby. I don't think I'll be disappointed in the least if the baby doesn't show what it is. Emily never showed us. The surprise in that moment was amazing. Every time I was pregnant with a girl I had a long list of boy names and no girl names and vice versa. This time I have a list of 3 girl names and 0 boy names, so I was thinking it's a boy. Three days ago I came up with a boy name that we both love, so I have no idea now. Well, I guess we will know on Wednesday morning. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: