Friday, September 7, 2007

Ten Commandments

I thought this email I got today was cute. I wonder if we could put these up in the courthouses since it's worded differently.

The Hillbilly's Ten Commandments (posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainesboro , TN. )

(1) Just one God
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(3) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Put nothin' before God
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(7) No killin'
(8) Watch yer mouth
(9) Don't take what ain't yers
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff


Now that's kinda plain an' simple, don't ya think? Y'all have a nice day.

3 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

Now I understand those completely. I really think "Hill Billy" should be taught as an alternate language. Then, I could be a foreign language "tacher" :)

J

DeeAnn said...

Yeah, kind of like ebonics is taught in public schools. Or even latin for that matter.

Christy Fritz said...

very good...:)
the rockwells are closer than we thought... please come up and then we can all get together.:) that's totally selfish i know, but i miss ya'll! i LOVED your comment on catrina's site. i resisted blogging for months when i started initially, thinking i couldn't find the joy to write about, and because i knew it would never represent the true us. i still have to wait for a week, at least sometimes to finally see things in a positive light. josh and i got to know eachother through email, and let me tell you THAT was decieving, on both ends. we are still getting that straight. (sometimes without screaming.:)brain injury and my personality makes for really good times. god definitely knows how to kick my butt into shape.
love hearing about ya'll, always.