Saturday, September 29, 2007

Family Football Friday





Going to high school football games is one of our favorite things to do as a family. We will even travel to the away games if they're less than 2 hours drive away. We go until the very last game when it's too cold to stand it. Lily has a few cheers memorized already and Nolan can already shout "Go Big Red!" He also flirts with the cheerleaders. At one point, I actually took all four kids (five actually) to the bathrooms and concession stand with me all at the same time and I didn't loose any of them. I'm at that point in my pregnancy when I can forget that I have food cooking and go do laundry until I smell the food burning. I get so forgetful sometimes that think I might loose a kid somewhere. Especially if I run into someone and start talking.
Next weekend is another family favorite, the Highland Games. It's a Scottish Festival with caber tosses, bagpipe bands, sheepherding dogs and all kinds of neat stuff. You can research your family plaid if you have any scottish in you. Our kids love it, but it's in their blood.

4 comments:

Jane said...

you guys have had quite a week!

you are the second to find out this week that they were expecting a girl! Congrats to you guys! I don't think I would sell the boy stuff quite yet, ya might need it to even out the numbers!

good that you decided not to eat the roses. they are so pretty. You are blessed to have a man like Paul!

I grew up in NE Ohio... football games were cold there! Made for lots of trouble for those of us in the band. ya had to have a boyfriend to keep ya warm :(((( should have gone for the hot chocolate instead, would have stayed out of some major trouble!

would you like some more birthday scrap booking supplies? I have paper and stickers that I would love to donate to such a lovely young lady! (I'm still in my downsizing mode and want to continue to clear out some stuff.) we could meet in Anderson/Clemson or I could mail them to you guys. Let me know!

wow...lots I missed this week!

Christy Fritz said...

your kids are so beautiful!!

i remember sitting there with sandi, watching tammy or tonya cheer...and thinking ryan was the cutest little boy. crazy how time flies. that truly seems like just a couple years ago sometimes.

musicmommy3 said...

I'm so glad that you are posting pretty regularly now. I enjoy reading about your family.

Love, Angela :)

louisianaborn said...

I've just gotta say that little Nolan in the first picture looking back at the camera is the cutest little thing I've seen in a l-o-n-n-g time!
Tharen