Thursday, September 13, 2007

I've Been Bitten By The Bug

The same bug that two years ago at play group jumped out of Tonya's yarn bag and bit me for good. The bug that causes me to crochet like crazy every fall. It's a little cloudy this morning and I saw a few brown leaves rolling across the lawn so it's close enough to fall. I mostly learned on my own from an article on About.com and then interrogated my playgroup friends for any and all pointers and tricks. I guess it's especially bad since I'm pregnant now and I was pregnant then. Once I get into it, I am doing it all the time. I take projects with me in case I have to do any waiting in the car or if Paul is driving. I have even caught myself doing it at red lights while I'm driving. It's so addicting. There was some eyelash yarn on clearance at WalMart last night. It was mostly baby colors so I got some of the multi-colored baby yarn. All of that looks girly to me so I am making a girly blanket. I have 13 more days until the ultrasound (if I decide that we will find out the gender) so if my baby is not a girl, at least I have two friends right now that are pregnant with girls. I was digging through all of my old yarn this morning to find my crochet hooks and I found that I have a lot of unfinished projects. I better get to them now because once the weather gets warm again I will loose the enthusiasm. If anyone wants to come over and chat and crochet, please be my guest. Just bring some Chai Tea and I'll light some cinnamon candles. That will make it seem more like fall

6 comments:

Christy Fritz said...

yeh i wish i could...so you could teach me. :) i still have a dishcloth that was my first attempt. it's more of a triangle shape than a square. have fun!

Catrina said...

Can you help a leftie learn, I'm pretty uncoordinated, just ask Tonya.

DeeAnn said...

Sorry, girls. I don't think I can help anyone. I'm not even good, I just like it. I have to use really chunky yarn so my mistakes are hidden. Emily wants to learn, but I can't really explain it, I just do it. I'm thinking about sending her to Amy P. for a day to learn.

Tonya said...

Oh, me too. Fall means time to get out the needles:):):). I am crocheting a throw for the living room. And it's still 90 degrees here. ICK!

Tia Lynn said...

Hey sista, I was trying to find that web page you were telling me about, you know, the "int the buff" pastor thing. I couldn't find it on any of the web pages from those people. Show me where it is, I'm dying to see that! haha.

Jane said...

Deeann, I wish I knew where you lived... I would come "hook" with you! There are always projects waiting to be finished in my craft room.

Catrina... I found a great left and right book at walmart (6 years ago)... my husband and I taught each other...you CAN do it!