Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's Okay To Be My Age

For everyone who's been irritated with my pitty-party about turning 30, I would like you to know that I'm over it! Just in time, too 'cause today's the day! Someone told me recently that 30 is the new 20. That's easy for her because she's only like 24. I got to spend the first two hours of my birthday alone with my Creator this morning. It was a great way to kick off a new decade of my life. The Lover of My Soul has been helping me to rid myself of a lot of resentment I've been holding on to forever, and it is so refreshing. I feel like I can breathe! This is time for a new start even though I didn't know I really needed one. Happy Birthday to me! It's great to be here.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm 2 days late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I acutally loved turning thirty! The great thing about being in your thirties is that people take you seriously. When you're a blonde, that's a nice feeling:):):)

Steph said...

I'm glad you've had a wonderful time after the horrible attack you had. Wow. Thank You God. Hey, have you heard or seen the Great Physician's RX for women? It's by the same author plus a woman coauthor. I didn't get to look at it but I saw it at Border's yesterday. :) I thought of you! I'm still very fatigued, mainly this afternoon and definitely tonight. Keep praying! I'm completely wiped out and can't stand it. I don't like being so tired and feeling blah all the time. I'm ok though. :) I keep remembering that even though my body feels weak, I'm still strong mentally and physically because of who God has made me (us) to be. We can bend bows of bronze, He has trained our hands for war. The righteous are as bold as a lion. Remembering truth has an amazing energy boost. :D God reminded me that I can go ahead and cry cry cry or be sad sad sad, but it doesn't make me weak. It was really cool to remember that. Wow. It's just weird being so emotional. I hope my body regulates soon so this can all be more on a back burner instead of right in my face. Oh well. God is in control and He can take it away instantly if He wishes. I praise Him and am grateful He is with me in all this and all things. Love you Dee Ann. See you all soon.