Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Circus Came to Town!




Last night I took the girls to the circus while the boys stayed home and rested. About the best thing we get in our tiny town is a one-ring circus in the National Guard Armory with giant pigs instead of elephants, but I am so thankful for it. The girls had a blast. Emily was the loudest clapper there. She loves the performers and Lily loves the animals. Lily had Cotton Candy for the first time ever. She had such a sugar rush that she wiggled right off her seat and smacked her face on the concrete under the bleachers. She cried for about 10 seconds out of shock and then the ten-year-old juggler lit his pins on fire and she forgot about the pain.

The weather is great here and we are having a lot of fun outside. The little ones stepped in a big mess if fire ants yesterday. While Lily was screaming and I was trying to slap them off of her, of course Nolan walked right over to the anthill and stood on it. After a good foot soak in the sink and some coconut oil, there feet look bad but feel fine. I think I'm going to write a book called 101 Uses For Coconut Oil. My friends call it "DeeAnn's Cure-All for Everything" . Well, it is.

2 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

WOw- coconut oil on ant bites? I'll have to try that next time

Tonya said...

Ah yes. Coconut oil - AGAIN! I guess I am going to have to break down and buy me some of that stuff.