Friday, February 16, 2007

Close Call


I was so scared today when I looked at my blog and saw that there were actually comments to yesterday's post. I thought I would be cyber-persecuted for forcing my baby to eat or a social worker would be at my door because somebody assumed that we were too hard on him. Luckily all of the comments were from my friends and dear sister-in-law and they were all encouraging. (Good thing I didn't go into detail about the food battles.) We have gone through the food battles with all the others, but not at this young.

I keep thinking about the other night we were out with some people we know in Atlanta. When the wife asked how in the world I have any patientce at all to homeschool, I matter-of-factly said "We start each day off with prayer". They both laughed like I was making a joke or something. I still don't think they realized I was serious. It really seems to shock people when they find out that I homeschool. Oh well. It's not like it's going to change my mind.
This is an old picture, but it's one of my favorites.

2 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Us homeschool moms have to stick together and be honest about what we are going through. I have found that all of those "perfect" homeschool moms have the same problems and struggles I do. They just don't let anyone know. How sad:( Great pics

Jennifer King

Christy Fritz said...

it was good seeing you in the flesh :)...
a good way to start the day, i need to get back to it... i used to use a candle and gather for a prayer circle, like at our old school, but gave it up after our move into this house with the busyness. oops gotta go, clara just ran into the room naked with a butter knife...yikes
have a good week :)