Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My kids never cease to amaze me

Nolan has no fear when it comes to animals. Well, maybe the black moron dog, but that's about it. He has a strange power over animals that allows him to beat them up and they don't mind. Just now, he was out in the yard dragging a stray cat across the grass by its hind leg. The cat never even tried to get away. I didn't want Nolan to get scratched, so I called out "Come get your juice!" Nolan dropped the cat and came running. The weirdest part is that the cat came running after Nolan because it still wanted to play! Of course, it is 100 degrees outside and maybe the cat was delirious.

The other day Lily asked how the baby got into my tummy. I said "What, honey?" I guess she forgot that quickly because she then asked me when is she going to have a baby in her tummy. Paul said if she asks again to tell her that mommy and daddy give each other a special hug and then God puts the baby in the tummy. I'm afraid if I tell her that she is going to be chasing down all the boys at church to give them hugs so she can get a baby in her tummy.

I also overheard Emily today preaching to the neighbor girls about how it's better to have friends than money and how everyone should treat each other. I guess some of it's sinking in there.

2 comments:

Jane said...

animals are drawn to good people... no matter how young the child or aggravating they are to the animal... maybe you have a vet in your future!

Steph said...

That is so neat about Emily. Mom told me that Paul's and my sister Michelle preached to neighbor kids in someone's house as well and that some kids gave their hearts to Jesus through it. Sorta cool how Emily reminded me of Michelle. Mom and Dad didn't even know Michelle did that until a man shared the story at her funeral. Intriguing huh. Lily is HILARIOUS. Yeah I can imagine her hugging all the boys to become pregnant, hahaha, that would make for many explanations for other kids and their parents. Nolan, cute as ever. I can't wait to see you guys. I'm coming home for Labor Day weekend. :)