Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm Back!

Due to popular demand, I am back to update you all on what's happening in the Rollins world. I have just been so sick and so exhausted that I have barely had the energy to do the things I have to do, much less posting. I haven't even been checking my email as often as usual. To be perfectly honest, I have been quite hormonal, so I haven't been checking anyone else's blogs until this week. Depressed is not the right word for it, more like my emotions have just been turned off. I didn't feel sad but I didn't feel happy either. Kind of numb. I believe that it has everything to do with being pregnant and overly tired. Things are starting to feel better, though. Sunday will be the first day of my second trimester, so I'm looking forward to that.

We closed on the loan for our shop last week. That in itself is a gift from God. It's 8 months earlier than we had agreed upon. We also bought a 20 ft. box truck. Tonya, I don't know if you remember, but right after the fire you prayed for the perfect box truck to be sold to us at a great price. Well, we got it! It even lines up perfectly to our loading dock.

Earlier this week, Paul and I went to Indiana to look at some new equipment. Yeah, I get excited about woodworking equipment. Some of these new automated machines are really amazing. Also, I have a new "Farthest Point North" to put on my record. Dale, Indiana is the farthest city north I have been to yet. There is lots of corn in Indiana. Sadly, it is all genetically modified and each field proudly displays the sign of the genetic company they use. We really have no idea what we are putting into our bodies when we don't eat organic.

That reminds me of Christy. If you're reading this, there is a recipe I want from you. Two years ago, I was having lunch over at your house and you served me a wonderful piece of blueberry pie. You said the crust was only made of wheat flour, cream cheese and butter. What amounts of which, please?

We have not had a lot of harvest from out garden, but today we found a lot of deer tracks. We are excited about that. We are going to all be staked out at the windows from now on to peek on our dinner guests. If I had any experience with bow hunting, I might try to get one from the girls' bedroom window.

That's all I can think of for now to update. The girls are in a wedding tomorrow, so I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

Thanks, Catrina for pulling me out of my blogging slump!

5 comments:

Catrina said...

Hello, and welcome back. I miss my friends when they are gone to long, see how pathetic I am.

Jane said...

So happy to see you back... I was concerned about yours and babie's health.

Deer are bad for a garden... all you hard work this spring too!

keithandjennifer said...

I have discovered that Summmer time is a hard time to blog. I have not been writing much either. But, I am glad you are back.

Steph said...

Glad you're doing well. :) Sad to hear how they post signs about which company they use for their corn--wow. I have a friend tha swears organic food is all a crock and is so stubborn about it he drives me crazy!!! :D Anyhow, miss you guys and love you.

Tonya said...

Glad you're back. I have days wehre I feel like the emotions have been turned off to.

I'm thrilled about the truck the shop and all the re-building for better:):):).

And why bother with a bow when you are a crack shot with a gun?