Friday, August 10, 2007

My Husband Is A Genius!

I always dread having to ask anyone to watch our kids while we have date time. My kids are really well behaved so I don't know why I feel like I'm burdening people. Yesterday afternoon, Paul called and asked if I had started cooking dinner yet and what it was. I told him yes and that it was beef tips (Catrina's recipe), Parmesan rice and peas, and maple braised carrots. A little while later he called back and said to pack up the dinner and that we were taking it over to another couple's house and after we all ate together we would leave the kids with them and go out for dessert. It worked out really well. They got a free meal and we got free babysitting for about 2 hours. I'm so glad he had that idea, but watch out.....we might bring you dinner sometime.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Can we bring you dinner? WE haven't had a date in 5 months at least.

Jane said...

you can bring be dinner! I would love to have the kids hang out here for a couple of hours!

Steph said...

Aww, that IS a neat idea. Hope you had fun. :D

Steph said...

Hey! I use Bare Minerals now too! I just got their night time Rare minerals and its' really neat! Little pricey but it's sorta girly (in a good way) to be able to pamper and primp right before bed. :D

DeeAnn said...

Tonya, that might be a little expensive for you. You would pay more for gas than you would a babysitter. Although, if you stopped at Carrabba's on Sugarloaf Pkwy. and brought me dinner from there, I would watch your kids for a whole weekend!

keithandjennifer said...

Tonya, you should take her up on that one!!!

Courtney said...

DeeAnn,

Would Paul be able to do custom cabinets long-distance? If it's all right, I'll get you email from Tonya and let you know what we're doing. Thanks!

Courtney