Friday, May 25, 2007

Tribute to my Grandpa


I have a new respect for my Grandpa. I already love him immensely, but my respect for him has grown. This respect comes from the fact that when Papa Lewie cuts Nolan's hair, Nolan sits quietly in the barber chair while his hair is being cut. The only time he ever moves is to turn his head to look at his Great-Grandpa and get a smile. I tried to cut Nolan's hair at home and I'm sure glad no one was listening because the kid was screaming like never before! I even turned his favorite movie on and he wanted no part of it. I guess he likes watching the whole thing in the big barber shop mirror. Or maybe he just knows that haircuts are Papa Lewie's job and I shouldn't be intruding. I don't know, but I'm never going to cut Nolan's hair again as long as there's gas enough to get to Texas. Nolan will just have to wait every 4 to 6 months for a Papa haircut.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You do have pictures of the Texas hair cut??? That is a priceless photo and story.