Thursday, May 3, 2007

Emily's Art



Emily's beautiful artwork was displayed at the Fine Art Festival on Tuesday night. She really is an amazing artist for her age. She loves to draw and paint flowers. I'm glad that she has a creative talent and I get to decorate my home with it.

Yesterday I told Lily that one set of grandparents were sending her birthday money in the mail and that we could go shopping with it to buy her a present for herself from them. When I asked her what she wanted to buy with her money, she said that she wants to buy food for our family at the grocery store. I guess my thrifty ways have rubbed off on her, but it might have gone to the martyr extreme. I'm sure she will forget all about food once we go down the toy aisle.

My garlic tonic should be ready tomorrow. I'm willing to share if any brave souls want to try it. We may be known as the stinky family, but we'll be healthy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Emily. She does have a great gift in Ar. Next time I am at your house. I will have to see some of her artwork. By the way I have a scratchy throat but, Lydia has a cold, runny nose,etc. Could I get a little. Is it safe to do with nursing?

keithandjennifer said...

I know you are soooo proud of Emily. What curriculum were you talking about on Catrina's blog comments? I always want to know if someone actually *likes* the curriculum they are using.

Catrina said...

I'm sorry, but I think our friendship will have to remain online if you insist on digesting that concotion of yours, but hey if it works in the cold and flu season I'm all for it.

musicmommy3 said...

Tell Emily that her pictures are just BEAUTIFUL and so is the artist! Her face just beams! What an amazing smile. :):)

louisianaborn said...

Emily's work is remarkable! Also, she is an adorable little girl. ~ Tharen