Monday, May 14, 2007

The Cat's Out of The Bag

I guess I'll go ahead and let everyone in on a secret since I told two people and now I'm getting asked about it from other people. Also, Paul already told his parents so it's pretty official if he is proud of it.

WE ARE ADOPTING!

There's the secret. We know that we are led to adopt a sibling group from the US and it will probably be a group of no less than three, but we are open-minded to the groups of 4,5 and 6 also. Feel free to call us crazy, but this calling is from the Lord and He will supply all the sanity and financial needs as they come. We are definatly going to need a bigger vehicle. We have been talking about adopting for 4 years (since before we became pregnant with Lily, actually), but we are ready now. We called last Tuesday to start the process so our waiting has begun. Right now we are waiting to be called to set up an appointment for an orientation class. According to the information we have been reading, we could be a much larger family in about 12 months, maybe less if we adopt within GA. We also lost a lot of paperwork in the fire so I hope there won't be any hold-ups getting anything. I guess this is a good way to keep everyone updated. Anybody have a church van for sale?

8 comments:

Christy Fritz said...

Congratulations!! That is exciting news. Keep us all posted on the journey. I am glad God has given you this opportunity. I know you will be blessed with all you need.

Jane said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I so love to hear couples opening their hearts and homes to children. (I will be blogging about our history soon... to long to share.)

I will be praying for you, your hubby, the children in your home, and those that will be joining you soon!

I am in the next state over to the east... let me know if I can come play with you and your crew... now that is what I love to do, help families!

keithandjennifer said...

That's great. I knew you guys were pretty serious when I talked to you in the nursery a few Sundays ago. I have no clue about the van situation. School bus may be a good idea too:) You could put Rollins Home School System on the side:)

Tia Lynn said...

Deann, I think it's so wonderful that you and your family have heart to take on a sibling group, saving a family from separation, it's wonderful. If you adopt a sibling group from the U.S., aren't there some sort of incentives from Uncle Sam to compensate some of the expense? Anyway, I am very excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! Our family will be keeping this procees in prayer. By the way Josh got a kick out of the sign unsocialized homeschoolers on board.

Tonya said...

*OH*MY*WORD!!!!!! I guess you got your answer a little quicker than you thought!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm CRYING!

Tami said...

Congratulations! (I come by way of the Kissack Chronicles.) What an exciting journey you're embarking on!

Catrina said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Wow God moves fast when you pray girl. I can't wait.