Monday, May 21, 2007

Horse Camp!

Horse camp started today for Emily. She had so much fun and they didn't even start riding yet. She practiced leading a horse, learned the body parts, how to groom a horse and what brushes to use in what order. She looked so cute combing the horse's tail, but looked grossed out at the same time. Lily and Nolan wanted to get in there with her so bad. There was a cute little miniature pony off to the side that they talked to through the fence. His name is Little Buddy. He is the same height as Lily. I was so sad that I forgot my camera.

We had to leave horse camp early because Emily had an appointment with a dermatologist. She has a mole in her hairline that has grown 3 times in size in the last 8 months. It has also changed color and shape. The dermatologist looked at it for about 2 seconds and said he wants to take it off asap. Her appointment for that is in 3 weeks. He also noticed a second one that he said he might take off depending on how the results of the first mole come back. She will be wearing a hat for the rest of the summer. She looks so cute in hats, too.

We have a few things growing in the garden so far. Not anything ready to pick yet. We have 2 green tomatoes and a jalapeno that looks like a rabbit tried to sample it. Hopefully, he learned his lesson and won't come back.

Emily is eagerly awaiting her turn at the computer so she can send her pen-pal in TX an email. I think they should have to use pens to be pen pals. I guess no one uses snail mail anymore. I promise to take my camera to get pictures at horse camp. Emily keeps pointing at where I wrote that she is eagerly awaiting. I guess I'm aggrivating her now. Gotta Go!

1 comment:

Jane said...

keep us posted on the mole... my husband has a few that I would love for him to get removed, but noooo he is a man and perfectly healthy... so he says. Men!!!

horse camp! to cool!