Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to Nolan!

He's Two!
Football cake
We cut down a tree and got it lit. All of our ornaments we in storage at the old shop when it burned down so we're starting over. Luckily I had put three strands of lights and the kids' stockings in a trunk at home so we had those already and I got a $5 star. I saddens me a little to think of all the sentimental ornaments that we lost so we are going to have all homemade decorations this year.
It turned out to be a really good thing that we did not go to Texas for Thanksgiving. Lily was sick all day Thursday and Friday with a 48 hr stomach virus. Saturday, everyone was well so we dropped all 4 kids off at Grandma and Papa's house so they could spend the night and we could get a date night. We had a wonderful dinner at a restaurant that both of us love. We were about a mile from home when my motherly intuition kicked in and I said we need to call and check on the kids. Paul called his parents to find out that Nolan had just started throwing up. So we headed back up the mountian to pick him up. It was his first time to be really sick so he would panic and cry every time he threw up which made him throw up even more. At least that made the worst of it get over sooner. So we laid around all Sunday and by the evening we all felt ok. We had banana pancakes for dinner and gave Nolan his birthday present a day early because I didn't want to wait in case we hot hit with another round of the nastiness. We got Nolan a Hot Wheels carrying case (the same one I had when I was little) with ten new cars for it. He was absolutely glowing when we were all singing to him! Then he said "again". I think we sang Happy Birthday 4 times. He loved it even though he wasn't feeling up to par yet. I'm not feeling so hot today, but that might be mostly from sleep deprivation and expecting to be sick. So, we did have some good times together in between all the yuckiness.

6 comments:

Jane said...

traveling and throwing up don't go well together!

glad that you got a date night in... all couples have to make time to get away!

louisianaborn said...

All of your children are beautiful but I am particularly struck by Lily's pose standing in front of the tree. She reminds me of one of those 17th century paintings of a little girl, so beautiful! You could crop it or make a lovely portrait of her if you could find an artist who paints from photos.
Tharen

louisianaborn said...

All of your children are beautiful but I am particularly struck by Lily's pose standing in front of the tree. She reminds me of one of those 17th century paintings of a little girl, so beautiful! You could crop it or make a lovely portrait of her if you could find an artist who paints from photos.
Tharen

Tia Lynn said...

Deann! What did you think of what happened on the bachelor? Can you say commitment issues? :)

musicmommy3 said...

Happy B-day Nolan. I can't believe that, in less than a month, Gideon will be 2 years old!!!!

DeeAnn said...

Tia -- I'm talking about my baby's birthday and all you want to comment on is the bachelor?! How insensitive! JK. I thought it sucked. For everybody all around. I think he would have had it great with either J or D but he is trying to be noble in not leading them on if he's not sure, but how can you be sure after only 6 weeks and all that drama going on besides? What he should have done is picked one to see if it could have worked out in a continued relationship. I was wanting to scream at him "Just pray about it, seek the Lord's will and you'll know what to do!!!" But I forget that not everybody prays. That was the saddest part for me is that he couldn't just depend on the Almighty to give him direction. BTW, I'll be running away with Brad when he chooses me.