Thursday, November 15, 2007

Christmas Crafts


We are hoping to go to Texas next week for Thanksgiving so we have been busy making crafts for family. We won't be going for Christmas this year (because I'll be way too pregnant), so we have to combine holidays. Nolan loved making handprints. He also loved driving over them with his toy dump truck while they were laid out on the floor to dry.

In other news.......WATCH OUT!!! Paul now wears a kilt. Do I need to say more? He showed up at my ob/gyn appointment with it on today. I was pretty ticked at first, but I got over it quickly. Not many husbands come to the prenatal appointments by the fourth kid, so I couldn't stay mad. We did go to Wal-Mart together afterward and got a lot of stares. He says he gets a lot of complements when he goes to Atlanta. I just don't think our back-woods town is ready for it. Well, I do know the answer to the age-old question, "What does a Scottsman wear under his kilt?"

7 comments:

Christy Fritz said...

have a safe trip!!

keithandjennifer said...

Now did Paul just wake up one morning and decide he was going to wear a kilt? OR has he been thinking about it for a while? You are lucky you go to GCF. Everyone there will think it is great. However, at the local barber shop---- well--- those guys may be harder to convince. :)

DeeAnn said...

He's wanted one for a while, but I didn't really think he was that serious about it. He said that the place that he wanted one from has an 'overstock' or 'not quite perfect' kind of thing and he had been on the waiting list for a discounted kilt for a long time. I had no idea. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.

It is funny that you mentioned barber shop, because my dad and grandpa own an old fashioned barber shop. My grandpa also was a roughneck in west Tx oil fields. We'll see what they think about it.

Tonya said...

LOL! about the kilt. It will make a fun story to tell the baby:).

Here's the link to those house plans I was telling you about at the harvest party. If you browse their blog, you can find pictures of the actual construction project. I think it starts around Feb 2007.
http://youredoingwhat.blogspot.com/2007/02/house-plan-dimensions.html

Cox Family said...

kilt that might be just as bad as dread locks

Jane said...

hope Paul isn't wearing the kilt while installing upper cabinets!?! lol

Steph said...

That is SO funny I can't stand it. Hahaha. I love 'im. :D