Thursday, April 12, 2007

Second Grade!


Emily has zipped right through the first grade so quickly that we are done! The second grade books were delivered yesterday so she starts second grade today. We celebrated last night by having Aunt Stephanie over for dinner and we had one of Emily's favorite meals, Spaghetti! After dinner Steph and Emily put on a singing show for us with tickets and everything. Every once in a while Lily would burst out in a different song while they were singing. Then we all looked through Emily's new books while we ate lemon bars. We had so much fun that there were some tears when it was time to go to bed.

In other news, I have to have a root canal. I'm in quite a bit of pain so I have to take a prescription pain med just to eat. I think the kids might actually like it because we do the hokey-pokey and all kinds of goofy stuff 'cause I'm pretty goofy right now. My appointment isn't until April 24 so it's going to be a pretty dopey 2 weeks. Oh well. I just keep forgetting where I put stuff when I'm cleaning the house. I'm probably just throwing it all away, which is probably a good thing.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Now don't start blaming your goofy-ness on the pain medication. Some of us know better.

Christy Fritz said...

thanks for the encouragement with jayne... i think we've got some significant issues... and i know the therapy will help, were just considering an alternate route with some info i got from tonya... congrats to emily, speaking of books, what do you use? miss ya'll too!
christy