Saturday, April 21, 2007

Garlic Tonic



If you want to know what a garlic tonic is, it's an immune booster that's supposed to cure everything from the common cold to cancer. The only thing is that it's pretty nasty to drink, but well worth it for an all natural cure-all. The girls and I made some yesterday. The recipe is:


2 cups each of garlic, white onion, horseradish root, ginger root and habanero chilies.

Peel the horseradish, garlic and ginger and cut everything into one inch pieces. Remove the stems and seeds from the habaneros and don't forget to wear gloves or your hands and everything you touch will feel like it's on fire.

Put all the veggies in a large container pour a gallon of apple cider vinegar on them. Put a lid on it because it's going to stink up your house. Stir the mixture once a day for two weeks.

Then strain off the veggies and keep the liquid in a glass container with a lid. I guess you could save the veggies for your compost pile or just throw them away.


Take 1 tablespoon of the liquid daily, or 2-3 tbs. when you feel a sickness coming on.


There are a few variations to the recipe, but that it the one I used. It should kill just about anything that is ailing you. We also planted in our garden yesterday. We're getting to it pretty late, but we've had a lot going on lately with the fire and school and a million other things. Better late than never. We are really excited about it. Nolan really loves being out in the dirt, but I have to watch out for him throwing it around now that there are seeds in it.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

DeeAnn, that tonic sounds revolting. I'm sure it will work. Your garden is looking good. With all that help, you should never have a weed:):):)

keithandjennifer said...

Just let me know how you smell in a couple of days. After Catrina took some kind of garlic stuff she smelled so bad her husband could not get near her. *IF* it doesn't make you smell or burp up garlic all day I will try it. Let me know. (Or I will just stand close to you at church when you start your tonic and see for myself. :)

keithandjennifer said...

Yeah but you don't *live* with the chickens Keith DOES have to sleep with me. *BUT* if you two stinky love birds don't mine I guess should not either. :) I know love is blind, I just did not know it lost its since of smell too ha ha :) However, keep on giving me your natural remedies though. I am going to try the grape juice and honey and I think I am just going to buy a copy of *The Book.* Debi Pearl is kicking my butt on every page. But I love it...(Keith does too)

keithandjennifer said...

I don't think Catrina was blowing off your offer for friendship. I think she was saying that it was a good idea from you so she was offering it to me. You are so funny..... So now I have two friends Catrina and DeeAnn. Great.

Catrina said...

Yeah I was definitely not blowing you off, I was passing on the good offer of friendship. With Nate being so busy these days we hardly ever get to hang out with people, so he says the same thing as Paul. Get it all out in the day with the ladies.

keithandjennifer said...

Hope the root canal went fine. Anything has got to be better than hurting all the time with your tooth.

Liz Eberhart said...

DeeAnn and the kids brought me some of this last time I was sick. I drank it 3 days in a row. I was better after first day.
I am sick again and had some left. I drank it again...and once again I already feel better. It may be in my head...but I am making some. :)