Monday, April 9, 2007

Look At What I Did!




I actually sewed these dresses today all by myself! I've never even tried to sew anything before besides curtains. I had already made the tank top that Emily is wearing 2 years ago, but I thought it would be cute to sew some fabric on the bottom to make it a dress. I told Tonya and Catrina last week that I was going to do it and I did! It was really cheap, too. For example, on Lily's dress the t-shirt was $2.88, the ribbon was $.88 and the fabric was a remnant that the store had on clearance for $2, but I only used half of it. I only spent $4.76 to make that cute dress. Somehow I guess I have to figure in that $200 sewing machine, but that thought takes away from the excitement. I think I'm going to use the rest of the fabric left over from Lily's dress to make a dress for my little sister. My 1 1/2 year old sister, not my 25 year old sister.

4 comments:

Catrina said...

So cute, another example of the talent my friends have. I love your family photo also.

keithandjennifer said...

CUTE.

keithandjennifer said...

By the way, about my blog on watching TV it is

Chubby Little Cubby ****all Stuffed with fluff***- He's Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh. Willie Nillie Sillie Old Bear......

Melanie said...

Way to go! So cute!