Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Dress for Ruby



I made this dress for Ruby today. I'm pretty proud of myself considering I could barely turn a sewing machine on a year ago. I found the fabric in a remnants bin at the store so it only cost 52 cents. She has plenty of clothes, but when I saw this fabric, I couldn't resist.

Emily started Multiplication this week. Once again, she's a natural. I tried to make the focus on the concept of multiplication, not just memorizing the Times Tables. She picked it up easily because she understood the reasoning for it. We also started Creation Science this week.

Lily is learning about letters and their sounds. I found a website for preschoolers where I can just print out the coloring pages for things like "B is for Bible" and "C is for Cross". Then when she is finished coloring them, we will tape them to the wall.

Nolan destroys things while all this is going on. I have a full time job getting him to clean up his messes and keeping him from waking the baby. He is starting to sing songs so it is very cute.

We will need some prayer if you think about us this upcoming month. Paul will be out of town for two weeks to train for a piece of equipment that we are buying. He will drive to Indiana and back twice. My kids are great, but I will be seriously outnumbered for a week at a time. I will definitely need a spa day after this

8 comments:

Paul Rollins said...

That is a very pretty dress for a very pretty girl. Great job honey!

keithandjennifer said...

Beautiful dress. I told Keith if we were having a girl I wanted a sewing machine. I guess I can just stick to gardening. May due date is in 7 days. So any time!\

BTW, starfall.com is a great website for lily and it is free!

keithandjennifer said...

Also, I just looked at he picture again and had to laugh. It looks like Nolan in a dress if you look at it closely. THey look so much alike....:)

DeeAnn said...

I bought my sewing machine last year and I would highly recommend it for beginners and it seems good enough for more experienced sewers. It is a Singer Precision and I got it at Target for $200. It was a little more than what I wanted to pay, but it's idiot proof (which I need) and it has like 100 different stitches.

Can't wait to see that baby! If I wasn't going to be a single mom next week, I would be stalking you. I want to be in on someone's delivery so bad!

Christy Fritz said...

that is a really sweet pattern. she looks so adorable. great work deanne. :)

musicmommy3 said...

Great job!!

p.s. Gideon does the SAME thing as Nolan during school here...minus the singing. :)

Ashley Dumas said...

What a sweet dress and cool fabric combination! I need to order one for Marina : ) Ruby is such a doll by the way.

Ash

Cox Family said...

yes i agree with the other comments. YOU are so good at all you do. i got a sewing machine for my wedding and havent figured it out yet... i regret that. as for your week allone. chris will be in tenn for one month leaving me with the little ones and one on the way. Hmmm it should be fun. you will be in my thoughts. TGF-family I think i will try to encourage a grandparents day and have them take the kids hahaha