Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Lily!!!!!!!!!!


My Sweet Lily turns 4 today. She and I spent her Birthday Eve in the Emergency Room. When Paul got home last night, Emily, Lily and Nolan were playing tickle with him on our bed. Somehow Lily's elbow got hyperextended. I put an ice pack on it, gave her some motrin and she seemed to be sleepy, but okay. I went to the store to buy food for her party and when I got back at 9:30, she was moaning in her sleep. I got her up to make her go to the bathroom and she started crying again and couldn't move her arm. So we went to the ER (with Ruby in tow). When asked how bad her pain was she pointed to the frowny face that had an 8 under it. The X-rays came back fine so the nurse said that Lily had what was called Nursemaid's Elbow. It's where the ligaments get hooked around the end of the bone in a wierd way. The only way to fix it is to manually move them back. So the nurse grabbed Lily's arm and manipulated it until we heard a "click". This was with much screaming from Lily, but two minutes later she sat up on the bed and pushed herself up with both arms withour even a wince. They put her arm in a sling and sent us home all in about an hour. This morning she picked up a 3 liter jug of water so I know she's fine. I'm taking the picture of her with her sling on for posterity's sake.

1 comment:

Cox Family said...

this same thing happened to my dog one time. Chris was wrestling with her. I had to put her arm back in place. I always remind him to be more careful with the girls when he is wrestling them, but he thinks I am crazy I am going to show him this post.haha. so sorry for your trauma. it looks like lilly will never forget this year and how cool it was to get a sling!