Wednesday, April 2, 2008

They Grow Up Way Too Fast


Ruby is two months old today! Time is really going by too quickly. She weighed in at her check-up today at 10 pounds, 1 ounce. That's right about where all the other Rollins kids were at two months. She is still the smiley-est baby on Earth and still sleeping great and eating well. Her only high maintenance area is the sensitive skin, but I'm getting pretty used to the cloth diapers now that we got the fancy ones. She also has to have all her clothes and diapers washed in special detergent and she has to be washed in special organic baby shampoo. It's so sweet buying all her special toiletries for her.


Nolan got his first T-ball set this weekend. He nailed it on the first try. The weather was horrible, so we took it to the shop and played indoors. He loves it as much as he loves football, soccer, watching motorcycle racing and all the other 100% boy things to do. He told me that he loves me because I play football with him and I wear football shirts like he does.

Adam turned 12 on Monday. That makes me feel not so young anymore so I'll just leave it at that. Also, Emily called me "Mom" yesterday instead of Mommy. It was like a knife through the heart hearing my little baby call me "Mom" like she's growing up or something. I also realized today that Lily will be 4 in one month. Agh.

This weekend we will all be going to the UGA scrimmage football game. Our family really likes college football. We figured that this game would probably be our only chance to go since the tickets are only 5 bucks for adults and 3 bucks for kids. There's no way we could afford to all go to a regular game. Nolan has already picked out which football he is going to take with him to throw in the parking lot before the game. I wish they has a pee-wee league for two year olds!

1 comment:

Ashley Dumas said...

Hi DeeAnn,

I know how you feel about them growing up, Sienna will be in Middle School NEXT year!!! Well I sent an invite for mine and Sienna's blog. Watch out or Emily will be wanting one too. It has been a great way to get Sienna to practice writing and keyboard skills during our home school hours..

Love,

Ash