Friday, April 25, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive

This morning while I was praying, I asked God to show me something I could do for my husband to let him know that I love him. Not an hour later I was loading the kids up for a short trip to the bank when my phone rang. Paul said that he needed me to go down to one of our suppliers (114 miles away)to pick up something that he forgot to order. He also needed some door samples to be dropped off to a designer for a house that he is building the cabinets for. I started to sqwak about how difficult it would be with four kids or that I don't like meeting with designer people, but I remembered my prayer for today and just said, "Sure, hon. I'd love to help." I never did ask why he couldn't just do it himself.

We got to have a nice lunch out, and the designer was really nice and I had a good time chatting with her. On the way back we stopped by the mall to pick up the kids' portraits that I had done a few weeks ago. I also found some clothing items on sale for Emily and myself. Popping in to the mall might not be a big deal for everyone, but when the mall is an hour away it's a special treat.

Then when we got home, Paul's mom brought over 16 pounds of fresh strawberries! I was just getting blessed all around for wanting to help. (We won't bring up the part about the children having a breakdown in the mall and my name being called from the escalator during the chaos. It happened to be a friend from church see me with four crying kids, but I had not lost my temper during all this so I felt good about myself. She has six kids so I took it as a joke when she said I was crazy for bringing my kids to the mall.) It was a very good day.

1 comment:

Cox Family said...

this is a great story you are such an encouragement to me. i want to be like you and I know you are more like christ all the time. got any strawberries for me? we cant get them here!!!