Monday, January 14, 2008

Nesting


I think the whole family is nesting in preparation for the new baby. Every kid has gotten out their own baby book several times this week to show off to all the others. Paul has been getting out every family video for us all to watch together. He hates to take the videos, but he loves to watch them. Yes, that's a pink binky that Nolan has in his mouth. Either he is making sure that it is okay for the new baby out of the kindness of his heart, or he is letting me know that he is still the baby. Either way, it's a very mild reaction to his world about to be changing.

We have also been trying to spend more one-on-one time with the kids. Last night Lily and I went to the Belk clearance sale together in search of post-pregnancy clothes. Emily and I went to the movies to see Enchanted on Christmas day. We had the whole theater to ourselves and the movie was great for both of us. We had such a good time and we really needed that time together, too. Paul has been able to take each kid individually with him to work. They love that. The little two have had to be picked up at lunch to take their naps, but it was well worth it. He's been spending time with Adam in the woods behind the shop playing paintball. Actually, they only have one gun, so it's more of a sniper situation.

In other news, I bought myself a yogurt maker for Christmas and I'm really loving it. The first batch was bad, but I'm starting to get pretty good at it. My investment in it will pay off in a few weeks. The kids were eating yogurt so much that Paul and I were never getting any for ourselves. I estimated that they were eating $2-3 worth of yogurt every day, so since the yogurt maker cost $30 it has already paid for itself in two weeks. It doesn't get much better for you than yogurt made from raw milk sweetened with raw honey and cinnamon.

"Curds (yogurt, butter, cheese) and honey shall He eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good." Isaiah 7:15

DISCLAIMER: Paul says that I am not to refer to garlic tonic as "nasty" for any reason at any time. It is a gift from the Lord and it's health benifits far outweigh any non-pleasant taste.

3 comments:

Catrina said...

Are we allowed to call it the nasty stuff. My kids actually think I'm forcing them to drink rotten urine.lol But so far Austin was the only one able to keep any downwhen they had a sore throat.

Christy Fritz said...

if my kids wouldn't eat kefir, a yogurt maker would be my next investement. good find! :) my friend here does that too.
glad everyone's excited about the baby. that's a great pic.

Tonya said...

Ooooo. A yogurt maker. Too bad I can't get RAW MILK here!!!

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT! He's the only guy running who tried to get it legalized.

Great pics.