Monday, June 4, 2007

Surprise!

I'm pregnant again! It's a surprise for us, too. We were not trying to get pregnant because I have had two doctors tell me not to have any more babies since I hemorrhaged so severely after giving birth to Nolan. Both doctors adamantly said it would be worse so we have been kind of scared away from getting pregnant again. We're not worried about any of that since we found out that I am pregnant. I just see it as a situation that the doctors will know what to expect and can get prepared for whatever they have to do to stop the bleeding. They will know exactly what is going on and time won't be lost in trying to locate the problem. Besides, so many people can start praying for me now and over the next 8 months so I'm completely peaceful about it.

When I was at the homeschool conference on May 5, the keynote speaker, Ken Ham, was talking about how it's great to have large families because you are filling the earth with believers and raising them in God's word and therefore more and more people will be touched by God through you and all your many children (at least that's what I heard him say). A couple of days later I prayed for God to tell me if we should have more children despite the complications or if we were supposed to adopt. The next day is when Paul told me to get the paperwork started to adopt so I thought that was the answer to my prayer. I had no idea that 6 days later I would get pregnant (at a time when getting pregnant would be least probable). I guess I got a double-answer to my question. We are so excited!

The due date (as I have calculated it) is February 10, 2008. That is 4 days after I turn 31 which is funny because our deadline for having kids was supposed to be when I turned 30. God's continuing to show me that He is in control and I'm not, which is fine with me. Adam will be almost 12, Emily will be 8 1/2, Lily will be almost 4 and Nolan will be 26 months old. That sounds good to me!

6 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

I thought you were not telling people :) I knew you could not keep it a secret. My friend Ami bled so bad after her 3rd baby they thought they might lose her, they told her not of have any more kids either. She had their 4th earlier this year with NO complications! Praise God. The Lord will be your shield your ever present help in time of need. I am sooooo happy for you and Paul.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that the babys due date is the same as Lydias' b-day
:)

Christy Fritz said...

yeh!!! you are such a great family... this is such a blessing!

Jane said...

I love it the way God answers prayers! Congrats... and if you end up with to many children, I will take a few off your hands!

Tia Lynn said...

Congrats Deann! You and Paul make beautiful babies! Love ya sister

Steph said...

DA, I tried to post a comment sooner than this and my computer's been crazy. I just got it back from the shop today. Anyhow. I am so happy for you guys. SO excited!!! I can't wait to see all of you again and catch up in person!!! I miss u guys more than ever. Love you!!!