Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On Vacation





The kids and I left last Thursday to go on vacation. Our first stop was in Mobile, AL for one night and then on to New Iberia, LA for my great-aunt's 90th birthday party. On the second day of our drive we were not in a rush, so we stopped at the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi (exit 2 on I-10). It is where they test the rocket boosters and they also had a museum of astronaut stuff along with oceanic and meteorologic info. It was pretty neat and it was all free!

We had a really good time with our family that I haven't seen some of them in 15 or 20 years. My second-cousin had his kids there which are 7, 5 and 2 so my kids had plenty of fun. In the picture with us are 2 of my nanny's sisters. (For all you northerners, nanny is a southern term for grandma.) My nanny passed away when I was 5, so they kind of took over for her place in my life. Summers were great with both of them. They lived next door to each other, but a mile apart. We are having a really great time.

2 comments:

louisianaborn said...

Hi DeeAnn,
I hope you don't mind my occasionally visiting your blog. Time is precious and I try to limit blog-reading. I just love that part of the country where you're visiting! I assume the two older ladies are your Nanny's sisters. I think Lily has some of the same facial features as the grey-haired auntie on the right. Hvae a nice, safe trip home, hon!
Best regards,
Tharen

Steph said...

:D Emily that's a hilarious picture of you in the space suit! Haha. Great pic! Miss you!