Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Update

I've been in a sleepless daze the last 4 months, hence the very few posts recently. Ruby has been teething since September, so she's only slept through the night once since then. There's two teeth coming through at the same time. I've tried just letting her cry it out, but that wakes up the other kids and then it's even harder to get some rest. I'm also wanting her to be quiet so that Paul doesn't wake up. He's been working 18 hour days lately, plus weekends, so I've been trying to help him out as much as possible. Sometimes during the day I just sit there and watch the kids play. I love to just watch them play together and listen to them pretend. I also don't have pictures to post because I can't remember to buy batteries for my camera.

I took Nolan to the doctor today for his 3 year check-up. He weighed in at 27.5 lbs. and 39 inches tall. That puts him statistically in the 10% for his weight and 90% for height. Tall and skinny! That's how all my kids are, but Nolan even more so.

3 comments:

Christy Fritz said...

Yes, I remember the "baby fog" years. teething wasn't a joyful time at our place. i felt like I was in a sleepless daze for about 2yrs. itr seemed like, lol :)

it's weird to be so out of any baby stage now that clara is 4.i can't believe she's a preschooler. i guess my extras make up for the lack of baby "busyness" maybe. but nothing is as high maintenance as a baby in my book.

Glad you are able to sit back and enjoy them. that's a very good thing.

take care and i enjoyed the update.
christy :)

keithandjennifer said...

John Mark has slept only two nights all the way through.. And one of those nights I forgot to turn on the monitor in his room so I really don't know if he slept all night or not. This will not last forever.... I hope

Tonya said...

I am fully expecting to have a good sleeper this time...(crossing fingers). I have never had kids wake up with teeth so I hope this one doesn't go against the family flow. I hope you get some sleep soon. Being sleep deprived stinks. You will probably have to let her cry it out one of these days because she is probably in a habit now. Every one of my kids did this at least once, after being great sleepers for months. It threw me off my game. Send Paul and the kids on a camping trip for a few days and start a good book so you'll have something to do while you sit up at night (wry grin).