Friday, December 19, 2008

Emotionally Overwhelmed.....in a good way

I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation or what, but Christmas is really getting to my heart this year. I've never gotten into the "holiday spirit" too much, whether it be materialistic giving or reflection of Christ's birth any more or less than I do on the other 364 days of the year. Furthermore, I generally don't cry very much.

Suddenly I find myself overwhelmed with emotion with every song singing of our sweet Savior's birth. Tears flow with my heart bursting in my chest if I even think about what rejoicing in Heaven was going on that night when Emanuel was born. I watch my son playing with the dog and imagine to myself God's Son laughing like that when he was three.

I was just reading the newsletter from our homeschool group, and at the bottom was Luke 2:11

"For there is born to you this day in the City of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

Needless to say, I lost it. So I wanted to share this emotional overload with all of you who read this. For I know that you are the ones who love me; my dear friends, my family, the ones who have known my hardened heart and have prayed for my babies. I love all of you and I am so thankful for each and every one of you. Our bond of love and sisterhood is through our Christ Jesus who came to us on Earth and is preparing a place for us in Heaven with Him.

Merry Christmas

4 comments:

Catrina said...

Are you sure you are not pregnant? Oh yeah the snipping. Well every once in a while these things just hit us, sometimes I bawl for over things that would have made me snicker a few years ago.

keithandjennifer said...

I think the more kids you have which means the more out of control you are AND the more "IN" control you have to make God, the more He can soften us. God is just using the holiday to really show you how much he loves you DeeAnn.... What a great gift He is giving you this season.

Tonya said...

I get this way too. I have to try and curb it so I don't embarrass the kids. Every time the Song "O Holy Night" comes on the radio, I tear up and would totally cry if it weren't for the scare I would give Lyra.

Christy Fritz said...

I'm glad the season is "getting" to you, in a good way.
I'm pretty much always crying, so, glad I'm not the only one :)

Thanks for sharing these sweet thoughts, and enjoy your Christmas!! :)