Monday, March 3, 2008

They Grow Up Way Too Fast


Ruby turns 4 weeks old today. Yesterday she rolled herself over. I was taking pictures of her on her tummy and she pushed up on her knee and rolled over. I was so hoping I could just enjoy this one being little, but she's already growing at lightspeed.
I am now doing something that I never thought I would do. CLOTH DIAPERING. I didn't really set out to do this (hello, I'm already doing laundry for SEVEN people), but it looks like we're going to for now. She has had a terrible diaper rash and I believe that it is caused by the chemicals in the disposable diapers. I tried every all-natural thing I could thnk of to get rid of the rash, but it just got worse. Not even coconut oil could kill it. So we're going completely all-natural and it seems to be helping. I'm having some problems though and ending up with everything all wet including myself. I thought I knew everything by the fourth time around, but now I'm learning something new.
Well, we're off to the shop for a Saturday Shop Day. The kids really do enjoy sweeping up sawdust and making a mess of it and sweeping it up again.

4 comments:

louisianaborn said...

She looks real proud of herself in that pic, doesn't she?

Tharen

Catrina said...

I can't believe she rolled over. No more leaving her on the edge of the sofa.

Mothertomanyblessings said...

Oh wow! Moving right along, they do grow up so fast! I cannot belive my little one is now 1. Guess he thinks he has to move out of the way for the upcoming one lol. So pretty your children are.

Jane said...

how's the diaper rash? If it's yeast based, try yogurt. online you can get some really cool diapers that are Velcro closure that are leak proof, and designer styles...with exterior colors and patterns.