Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ruby Elizabeth Rollins


I don't know if I just see it because I'm her mother, but I can see a beautiful image of her face. She looks like Emily to me and like Nolan from the side. Her nose is a little smushed, but she has it pressed against the placenta like a pillow. Somehow the ultrasound computer can tell that she is 4 pounds 6 ounces which is average weight for 32 weeks. Growing at a rate of half a pound a week will put her at about 8 pounds at birth. It will be very strange to not have an extra small baby. All of our kids have been around 6 pounds. Ironically, I have gained the least amount of weight this pregnancy and might have my biggest baby yet. I have figured that it's because of eating all-natural foods and the fact that I NEVER sit down!

We had all been arguing about the name until a couple of weeks ago. All the kids are named after a family member in some way and we were even disagreeing about which person to name her after. I had decided I was going to play the "I grew this baby, I get to name it" card, but I kind of felt like Jezebel doing that. So I prayed about it and asked for God to tell us what He wanted us to name her. Later that same week, I saw a good friend that I haven't seen in almost two years and she just said out of the blue, "What about the name Ruby?" I said, "Hey, that's my Grandma's middle name and the due date is her birthday". Luckily, Paul thought the name was great and then it was settled. Her middle name is Elizabeth after my sister.

Only 53 days until the due date! I am excited now, especially since I finally bought a package of newborn diapers and they are so tiny and smell like baby. It is pretty strange to have named her already because we have always waited until the last minute to decide on a name and we usually still aren't sure until we have to fill out the papers to leave the hospital.

10 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

Great name. YOu could even call her Ruby-Elizabeth. Its a great double name as well. We have a girl's name picked out for our little one but no boy names. Did you ever ask Paul what I was having since he is "always" right about the sex of babies? Just wondering.

DeeAnn said...

No, he has to talk to Keith and ask him questions and stuff.

musicmommy3 said...

Is ti just me or is she BEAUTIFUL! I love her little face!

Catrina said...

Okay call me crazy, but I can't tell what is what. Where is the face, sorry maybe it's because I'm not a baby person that God is not allowing me to see her. lol. I love the name by the way and it seems to fit you guys perfectly.

Christy Fritz said...

she is GORGEOUS...wow... i think i see a bit of Lily too though. :)
the name is perfect.

Jane said...

hey DeeAnn...what is garlic tonic??

DeeAnn said...

Garlic tonic is my cure-all for absolutely everything from the common cold to cancer. That is, if you can gag it down because it's just about the nastiest stuff you could imagine drinking. It's made from garlic, onion, habanero chilies, horseraddish root, ginger root, top it off with apple cider vinegar and let it ferment for two weeks. I know I posted the recipe sometime last spring, maybe it's in the march or april archives. We try to take it daily to prevent any sicknesses. Paul used to get strep every 6 months since I met him. After he got strep and pluritis last year, I made the garlic tonic and he hasn't had so much as a sore throat since.

musicmommy3 said...

Heehee- thanks for the offer DeeAnn but I must pass on the garlic tonic; not because I don't think it will work but because I don't think I could choke it down. Ever since my last pregnancy I have a harder time choking things down that I find disgusting. I really think that with all the vomiting from the four pregnancies that my body has just programmed itself to gag easily. Lovely isn't it. You will be happy to know that I AM using garlic though. I have put 2 or 3 cloves in or on several things now; pizza, homemade salsa, etc. I even ate one wrapped in bread to take away the burn. :) I am also eating (and drinking) foods rich in Vit C. :) I appreciate the offer though. I may try it another time. (I'm a HUGE believer in garlic. I find it to be one of God's greatest natural medicines. I was getting an ear infection yest. I put garlic oil in my ears just once yesterday and a couple hours later- much better. Today- fine and dandy!) I just don't want my stomach messed up for the trip. (hugs)

louisianaborn said...

I must be too left-brained. Like Catrina, I can't see the face. I regret that I usually can't see the baby on an ultrasound for some reason. ~ Tharen

Tonya said...

I love it! :).

Don't remind me about that baby smell. My baby is turning THREE next month. I am trying to talk Landon in to another one but he isn't budging.