Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to School

It's back to the books after a nice weekend away. I am trying to make an effort to be very organized and prepared as I am teaching Emily and Lily simultaneously for the first time. Lily is just doing preschool work and Nolan just working with puzzles and coloring, but I need to make myself take it more seriously because next year I will be accountable for teaching Lily kindergarten.

As for our weekend away, it was wonderful! It was relaxing and nice to go into it without any plans or expectations. We went to Greenville, South Carolina which is only 75 miles away. Neither of us felt like driving far, especially since we weren't sure we were going to be able to go until a few hours before we left. Paul had also had surgery earlier in the week so we knew we just wanted to relax.

We pretty much did nothing, but had a great time. We stayed at a very nice hotel and just walked around the downtown area. The weather was great and we just talked and enjoyed each other's company. Ruby was a great baby the whole time. She loves watching people and loved getting all of the attention to herself. We took a trolley ride in the afternoon and just stayed in our hotel room Saturday night to watch a movie and ordered a whole wheat pizza.

Greenville is one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to and it might just be a little closer for us than Atlanta so I think we will be visiting there more often. We have been there several times to their zoo, but now I know that they have a Children's Museum, a Children's Theater and so many neat places to take the kids. The Children's Theater will be presenting 'Annie' next month just in time for Emily's birthday.

We really did have a wonderfully relaxing time.





9 comments:

Christy Fritz said...

I am so glad you had a nice getaway. Josh does tons of work in Greenville now. They have a huge commercial account there.
He usually goes once a week.

Ruby is such a doll!! :)
and you're looking great too.

Blessings on your school year.

Christy :)

Paul Rollins said...

Your husband loves you.

louisianaborn said...

Check your email for my message. BTW, Ruby is a livin' doll, as if we didn't know!

Ashley Dumas said...

What a nice weekend. I really like Greenville also. it has pretty much replaced Atlanta as the 'big city' destination for my parents. They also like that it is clean, well laid out, and has less traffic and general smogginess. Ruby really reminds me of Sienna at that age. She is so sweet and cute!

Ash

Tonya said...

Good for both of you! I know so many people who won't leave their kids overnight. I left mine for a month and they are all perfectly fine,happy and healthy. Nobody got damaged:):):).

Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will be leaving them for another month sometime in the next year or two... if you get my drift.... but we're not announcing yet. Just something you can pray with us about.

Jane said...

are you gonna come over to see Annie!?! we have 5 friends who are in the play. have you priced the tickets? even the families that are in the play were amazed at the ticket price and that their immediate family (PARENTS!) don't get a discount. Just thought I would give you a heads up so that you didn't get sticker shock.

you should have e-mailed me...I would have hung out with Lilly so that you could have had a meal out alone...and I tend to do my child care for free for special families!

DeeAnn said...

yea, $25 for adults and $16 for kids. I can't believe the parents don't get a discount. If we do this, it would be Emily's only present for her birthday.

You are so sweet!
I'm sure she would have loved hanging out with Auntie Jane.

musicmommy3 said...

Glad that you had such a great time!! :)

Loved the pics.

Mothertomanyblessings said...

Awww great pictures!!!!!!!! YOu have a beautiful daughter. Glad you had a good peaceful time. :)