Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Best Baby Ever!



At only four days old, Ruby is turning out to be a really great baby. Last night she went to sleep at 10:40 pm (I was konked out by 10:41) at did not wake up to eat until 3:30 am. That's five hours of sleep at only four days old! She didn't go back to sleep until 5:30 but then I got a couple more hours of sleep after that. So, down for 5, up for 2 and down for 4.
We have also discovered that she loves to sleep either on Paul's chest or in the swing. Not even with it on, just in the swing. That's fine with me as long as she sleeps.
The big kids are at the Georgia Aquarium today with Grandma and Papa, so Ruby and I have a relaxing day to ourselves. I don't know how I could manage without my mom here to help. Occasionally, Nolan will not let anyone help him or change him but me, but that's pretty understandable. My ankels are so swollen that there's no definition between my calves and my feet, so I need to go put them back up.

P.S. She was born on Saturday, since I forgot to say that before.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Miss Ruby is BEAUTIFUL!!!

keep your feet up!

RELIABLE GARBAGE PICK-UP said...

SOOOOO happy for you DeeAnn. I cannot wait to get my arms around that sweet little thing!!

musicmommy3 said...

oops I forgot to log out of our work blog.

That last comment was obviously me- Angela :)

DeeAnn said...

I knew it was you. I was just going to say not to expect to hold her if you're on the route.

Mothertomanyblessings said...

Awww what a beautiful baby you have there!

Tia Lynn said...

Congrats! She's beautiful just like her mama. :)