Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Goin' to the Dentist




Today was Nolan's first trip to the dentist. There were some tears, but he did pretty well considering he's not even two-years-old yet. He was excited to get out of the chair. All three kids had their check-ups today. Emily had a perfect report, but I was with the little two while she was getting checked. Lily and Nolan both have a fold in the inside part of their lip where it meets the gum. The dentist said that it will correct itself as they grow, but for now we are going to have to pull their top lip up when they brush because the skin covers the top part of their front teeth. It caused Nolan to have some plaque build-up, but Lily actually has a cavity on one of her front teeth that I didn't even notice. He said he can fix it without even having to use novicane so it's very minor. We just have to help her pull her lip away from her teeth from now on. Other than that, everthing went well.

5 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

Adorable pics! and i like the new layout. I can't figure out how to switch my side bar to the other side of the page? Help?

DeeAnn said...

This layout was just switched to the other side, it was nothing I did. I'm not sure I like it yet, but thanks for the props.

Lea said...

I will soon be taking my two sons (one just turned two and the other will be two on 11/11) to their first dentist appointment. I hope it goes as well as yours did. The pictures are great.

DeeAnn said...

It's great to start taking them early. Each time they get a little more used to it. Lily is 3 1/2 and has been going every 6 mo. since just before her 2nd b-day. This was the first time that she really cooperated happily. Nolan will need a few times before he will be ok with it. I did have to hold his hands down while he got the check-up and at least his mouth was open because he was crying.

musicmommy3 said...

Wow. I think I have only been to the dentist for cleaning about 3 times in my entire life! No joke. I was 6 the first time and had one cavity. (It was also a baby tooth and fell out.) The next time was around 12 and the next time was around 24. No cavities!! The last time I went the dental hygenist was FLOORED that it had been 12 years since I had come and not only did I have no cavities, apparently I didn't have much plaque either. :)
I need to take our boys soon. Perhaps I'll even schedule a visit for myself in the next few years.:):)