Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lily Is Learning


Today was the second time she has practiced writing letters. She's amazing, if I do say so myself. I got this dry-erase board at a homeschool resale shop for $1.50. She was interested because it is different and I like that it doesn't use up a ream of paper on print-outs.

Up until about a month ago, Lily did not care in the least about ABC'c or 123's. Every time that I broke out the flash cards, I would get a slouchy "I don't know" from her even on the letters she did know. So I decided it was time to go high-tech and let her use the computer. Now she asks me every day to go to www.starfall.com to do her schoolwork. She even wants to do it at night before bed. And the best part is that it doesn't cost a thing. It has inspired her to do more things like writing now that she's confident in what the letters are. I think it's that she associates the letters with colors and the cute little songs and games instead of it just being a symbol that makes a sound. That means I will most likely be purchasing the Math-U-See program at the homeschool conference this year. I am so proud of her!

3 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

We love starfall too. Josiah learned soooo much and now Judah is loving it. I also love that they learn how to use a mouse and simple computer commands.

Tonya said...

Wow! That's excellent! And her writing is so neat, too.

Sorry I didn't get around to calling you for a play day. Story on my blog. We had a puking child amoungst other things. Ick.

Mothertomanyblessings said...

Wow that is awsome. Isn't homeschooling grand. :) I just have to say your little ones are beautiful.